An entry-level course focused on development practices in project preparation and delivery. Open to all levels and fields, no prerequisites. Projects are used as the lens to understand Third World development theories. Teams will select and champion a project as reference throughout the term.
- Low-Income Housing | 2010
- Low-Income Housing | 2009
- Low-Income Housing | 2008
- Low-Income Housing | 2007
Two-week field-based workshops in collaboration with local universities. Generally focused on communities in Third World countries, or targeting current pressing development issues.
- Rebuilding Communities
- Learning with Communities
- Special Workshops and Events
- Design/Build Workshops
Sustainable Settlement Design in Developing Countries
Currently not offered
A 1-week intensive course structured around hands-on sessions which explore physical planning issues in the provision of housing for low-income communities. Stress on basic tools and techniques of sustainable planning.Summary
The New Practitioner
An introduction to tools and techniques for a service oriented paradigm of practice, in the context of rapid urbanization in Third World countries.
- China-US Smart Slope Cities | 2011
- Low-Income Housing Incremental Housing - UN World Urban Forum Rio | 2010
- Rebuilding of Haiti | 2010
- The New Practitioner 'Bayou Smart' Village | 2009
- The Future Practitioner Extreme Makeover: Third World Urban | 2008
- The New Practitioner | 2007